The Art of Tien Tam: Recap 1-Fall 09

4/8/10

Recap 1-Fall 09

After i got back from my vacation in Vietnam, a couple of my friends and I decide to participate in the Unearthly Challenge. This was our second Unearthly Challenge. I would like to show the work that we did.

Our concept was a Majestic Castle above a cliff

I modeled the main gate, interior courtyard, main castle and most of the towers
My friend modeled the cliff base, outer-walls and outer courtyards. Our other colleague created the matte painting

It was a good learning experience and a challenging project but i really enjoyed it. Although we didn't complete it, we did a lot of good work for it. Sometimes even when you don't finish projects it is important to be able to use it as a learn experience and in some case even though the project didn't get done having the ability to show work for what you did is just as important (if not more so) then completion.Its a project that has a lot of potential and one that i would like to revisit.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see some of this stuff after hearing about it for so long! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete