The Art of Tien Tam: Recap 2-Winter 2010

4/24/10

Recap 2-Winter 2010

I've been meaning to post more often but i just haven't gotten around to it, anyways, here's another recap.

Around February I applied for an Environment Artist position and received an art test. The art test was to create a realistic skate park in 1 week. Here is a break down of what i did.

First i blocked out the area



Then i started creating a set of base props and tileable textures to fill in the skatepark as fast as i could. Next i focused on texturing my center piece of my level which is a B-52 bomber with clipped wings. I then populated the area with smaller more detailed props (such as lights, crates, and railings) to fill in the level and give it a good sense of scale.



For submission after my level was complete I lit and rendered a few beauty shots.



Overall i was quite happy with how it turned out. I was able to meet the deadline and requirements of the art test and it landed me an interview, unfortunately they decided to go with someone else, overall it was a really fun assignment. After the art test i was able to go back and add more polish to it that wasn't able to add before, because of the 1 week time constraint. This allowed me to add in even more props, more graffiti, and try a different lighting scheme (perhaps i will go more in depth about this in a later post). I will be posting a couple of render shots of that on my portfolio site, soon.

More post and yummy CG coming soon, i promise :)

1 comment: