The Art of Tien Tam: A Scene

2/24/13

A Scene

props make up scenes and sometimes I get to build a whole scene. Working with a lot of other 3d artist at work, a library of assets starts to accumulate, it makes scene building a lot easier. I had to build a bedroom scene.  I saw an office scene in the library of assets that i liked (an office), and started from there.



Deleted all the props inside the office, kept the blinds and the character.  I modified the room to be have more space.  Pose the character and boxed in the bed.


Created some primitive furniture and textured the bed. Added some props to the nightstand to fill in the scene.


Grabbed some blankets and pillows from the asset library. Re-textured the blankets and cloth-simed it. At this point I realize that even though the character is in an ok sleeping pose, here’s wearing normal clothing. I re-textured the character to make him wear PJs. I also added a little more to fill out the room. Picture frame, rug, and hardwood floors, are making it look a little better....right?

Making adjustments for finishing shots.  I adjusted the lighting for 2 difference day times.  I pose the character, for getting into bed and getting up in the morning.  also made sure the blankets look believable for both scene.


Till I have a better scene to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment