The Art of Tien Tam: Challenges

8/6/13

Challenges

Wow, it has been way too long since my last post. A lot of stuff has happened. Life throws a lot of challenges at you and sometimes you might not be ready, but like it or not you have to face them. It has been tough lately, and one of those recent challenges was this art test.  Here is a break down of what I did.

Ref:

Favela Houses






Spec:

Model a Favela House along with a stair on the side and a palm tree

-Below 1,000 tris
-two 512 texture sheets
-1 lightmap
-realistic texture style

Overview:
 
you can find more detailed images of the art test below, and the final images at the very bottom of this post!


Block out

Base textures and stairs


Palm tree
Doors, windows, and details

Final textures and light bake
Applying the light map on a seperate UV sheet




and done! Easy right? LOL

Here are some final shots taken via screen caps:






And there we are! Pretty solid, yeah? Maybe not solid enough.  I didn't get an interview after the art test.  But I did learn a few new tricks from this fun little challenge.  I also got a lot of great feedback, critiques, and encouragement from my friends! 

Like I said, ready or not, challenges will always come up in life and you have to face them.  Whatever the outcome, these challenges always present an opportunity.  The opportunity to learn, prove yourself, and keep moving forward it all depends on how you want to approach it and what you want to get out of it.

It can be frustrating at times. After the art test, and the waiting, I found out I didn't get an interview.  I was down, I wanted to just crawl into a hole and lick my wounds.  But if that was how i faced every challenge, each of them would get to me, and these challenges aren't going to stop coming.  All I could do was learn from this, get better, move on and be ready for the next opportunity!




  





No comments:

Post a Comment